It is a space that balances the development of the imagination and its capacity for abstraction with real, concrete and manipulable materials. At this age children have a reasoning mind, they no longer explore with their senses, but through reason and imagination. Amazement for what is special and different is intrinsic to their learning. In this preparation, their social development is taken into account and hence the experience of group experiences is encouraged. The mixture of ages maximizes the potential of each one, in an environment that takes place for all and that provides a deep sense of belonging. Great Jobs are elaborated that involve extensive projects and difficult challenges that can only be assumed in the company of others. These activities also sometimes involve moral reasoning and experimentation with social rules and ethical decisions.
The curriculum based on Montessori Pedagogy takes into account the basic competencies that integrate the basic curriculum of Primary Education, designing in an integral way the prepared environment and the learning activities to contribute to competence development, in such a way that the students advance in their learning and effectively acquire several competencies at the same time.
The Cosmic Education Area (introduced as a cultural area in the Children's Home) is strongly introduced in the curriculum and in the organization of the classroom.
For the preparation of our environment, we have taken into account the needs that a child from 6 to 12 years old has: congruence of the adult, peer groups, freedom of expression, autonomous outings, extensive contact with culture, exploring the universe through imagination and clear limits.
The essential elements in a workshop classroom are those defined in Casa de Niños, adding more specific elements for this stage of development:
- Science laboratory: area with shelves with the necessary materials to carry out experiments in Physics, Chemistry and Natural Sciences.
- Dissected animals: insects that encourage exploration.
- Plants: greater variety of plants and species that arouse curiosity for their way of life (aquatic, bonsai, carnivorous, etc.).
- Minerals and rocks: a collection of minerals that stimulate interest in geography and geology.
- Art: varied classical, modern and contemporary exhibitions in various formats and materials to help them value art as a fundamental human need, which stimulate children's minds towards their own experimentation.
- Library: encyclopaedias and varied bibliography. Reference material, texts of diverse difficulty and different attractive and artistic formats that attract the child for the elaboration of research projects.
- Literature: samples of visual poems, calligraphic works of art that encourage interest in an unlimited literary world.
- Mathematics: Mathematical challenges and reasoning activities such as significant mathematical intrigues take on a relevant place in the classroom.
- Philology: the study of languages opens new horizons and encourages interest in other societies and geographical places.
- Observation table: where any element that may generate curiosity and the desire to explore is exhibited.
Information +34 606 064 429 / +34 625 906 714
Avda. de la Música, 120 Alhaurín de la Torre (Málaga)