It is in this stage of developement that the child´s absorbent mind is in its maximum phase of activation, and that is why we offer the most cared-for environment to ensure children love world they have just arrived in and want to explore it from now on.
Over the first few months of life, the environment is arranged as a continuation of the home, with a small number of children and adults, with resting places and space to move freely. They find delicate and protective sensory impressions that offer freedom of movement and with elements that encourage babies to explore the world around them, such as quiet and paused sensory-motor stimulation, pleasant sounds and intelligent materials with specific developmental goals for this age.
As the child grows, practical life activities are introduced with which they integrate into life in society, offering opportunities for communication, language and mathematical brain development (comparisons, gradations and concepts of quantity). Nature is also a key element of her prepared environment; plants and animals with which to learn from concrete reality.
The essential elements in our Children's Community space are the following:
- Gross mobility: plenty of space for free movement, on a floor of pleasant material that invites displacement. Mirrors, gripping and walking bars, small stairs and other elements are used to work gross motor skills.
- Fine motor skills: materials and activities to work the movement of the hands, with activities that invite repetition.
- Tidiness: an extremely tidy space helps the child's orientation and helps them move around autonomously.
- Exquisite selection of materials: not to overwhelm the child with an excess of them.
- Neutral colours and warm materials: a place that gives off harmony and tranquillity. Pleasant materials that instigate sensory exploration.
- Living beings: plants and animals for their observation and familiarization with nature.
- Music: includes musical impressions that awaken the sense of rhythm and refine listening.
- Language and communication: the adult is responsible for providing the child with a well-taken care of language with communication opportunities.
Information +34 606 064 429 / +34 625 906 714
Avda. de la Música, 120 Alhaurín de la Torre (Málaga)